Monday, December 17, 2012

Zap Yourself Some BrEGGfast!

I'm feeling a bit under the weather this morning. My go-to for a quick breakfast is always cereal. I'm pretty crazy about cereal, actually. However, it seems to be common knowledge that it's not good to drink milk when you're sick. So, I'm staying away from milk and I still need to eat something for breakfast.

My thought was to go ahead and have some eggs this morning. You know, high in protein and all... But, I didn't want to get out the pan and cook. So, I wondered if I might be able to microwave some eggs in a mug. I mean, if you can bake a brownie in a mug, why not an egg, right?


So, here's what I did:

  • Use softened butter to wipe along the bottom and sides of your mug so the eggs won't stick when they cook.


  • Crack open and pour in two eggs.
  • Add salt to taste and beat the eggs. (You can also add cheese or meat, but, I'm out of both right now. And, I didn't feel like adding any spices or herbs. So, it's plain eggs for me today. I also would have added milk to make the eggs fluffier, but, not on a sick day, of course. If you're not sick, I do recommend it.) 




  • Microwave eggs for 1 minute and 15 seconds - stopping to stir/scramble every 30 seconds.

I used a bigger mug. You may need to microwave more or less depending on what size mug you use, how many eggs you use, and what other ingredients you add to the eggs.

Here's how mine turned out! I will say that they tasted like half boiled/half scrambled eggs. It was quite pleasant! Here's to good health! Cheers!

Have you ever tried this before? How did yours turn out? What do you normally add to your eggs?


No comments:

Post a Comment