Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Difference Between Plant-Based and Synthetic Vitamins



When I was pregnant, all of the doctor visits and blood-work done finally let me in on the fact that I have a few different types of vitamin deficiencies. I needed to start taking certain vitamins to help bring up what I was lacking. A few of my doctors told me what vitamins to take. But, one specific doctor made it clear that I needed to make sure that the vitamins I take are plant-based and NOT synthetic.

{Photo credit to globalhealingcenter.com}

Synthetic vitamins? I never realized there was such a thing. After doing some research on the subject, turns out, synthetic vitamins are much more widely used than one might assume. Synthetic vitamins aren't completely useless, but, they don't always do what you think they're supposed to be doing, either.

Plant-based vitamins are the real deal. They'll give your body exactly what it's looking for; the way God intended. Meanwhile, synthetic vitamins include things that your body was never meant to absorb.

Here's a GREAT article explaining the difference between plant-based vitamins and synthetic vitamins. It explains why synthetic vitamins aren't good for you and how to know what to look for when you're vitamin shopping. It also gives a detailed list of what to avoid and why.


I'm putting links for one of the main plant-based multivitamins that I use down below. I actually use their prenatal since I'm still breastfeeding. But, I'll add the multivitamin for men and for women as well. I hope this was helpful and enlightening. I just believe that we should be doing what's best for our bodies when we can. (Now, if I could just keep this in mind every time I bake a batch of delicious cookies or brownies.)


No comments:

Post a Comment