Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Can Marshmallows Soothe A Sore Throat?

I came across some info recently about marshmallows soothing a sore throat. So, I did my own research on the matter. What I found was quite interesting!

Medically, here's where the original idea for marshmallows soothing a sore throat comes from: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-364280/Sore-throat-Have-marshmallow.html

{photo credit filmcow.com}

So, what does this mean for regular marshmallows? Well, turns out, they might still be able to soothe a sore throat even though they no longer have any actual marshmallow root in them. Here's where I found my info: http://www.greenideareviews.com/2012/09/12/eating-marshmallows-to-soothe-a-sore-throat-review-does-it-work/

Just like the woman in the link above, I tried some marshmallows when I had a terrible sore throat earlier this week. My conclusion?

This unlikely remedy ACTUALLY WORKS! It only works for a few minutes at a time. But, it's well worth enjoying just those few minutes. I will say that I tried to avoid eating too many marshmallows. I used them only when my throat was in intense pain. But, it definitely eased my pain, made it bearable to talk, and made it bearable to swallow in general.

Have you ever tried this method of sore throat relief before?

No comments:

Post a Comment